Wednesday, November 25, 2009

She tries so hard

Last night I let ruby explore the upstairs of the house. She was so nervous running to the top of the stairs and back down again. Exploring a little further each time. Because I was upstairs, she really wanted to be up there with me and she fought her very core fear instinct to follow me, even though it scared her so. Eventually she made it into my bedroom.  I think the room seemed like a possibility for entrapment, she only walked in a little and ran back out, more each time until she seemed to have assessed her threat level, and felt safe(r). 

As usual, Daisy (the alpha) was in the room with me and we were on the bed and I was watching TV.  Daisy was watching out for Ruby, seemingly feeling her anxiety.  I decided to just ignore Ruby and let her explore. Suddenly I was startled by the sound and motion of Ruby trying to jump on my bed!  I was shocked, I was sure she would find that too intimate and unsafe, but she really was trying.  Unfortunately her little legs were too small plus I am sure her fear stops her from jumping with abandon, so she ended up frustrated.

Poor girl. She wants to be with us so badly. This is such a great sign, I can't wait until she trusts me enough to let me hoist her little round boston bum up on the bed for the night.  I was so excited with the possibility. Here's a pic of her from my phone as she was trying to get up on the bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment